Justice Society: World War II finds modern-day Barry Allen – prior to the formation of the Justice League – discovering he can run even faster than he imagined, and that milestone results in his first encounter with the Speed Force. The Flash is promptly launched into the midst of a raging battle primarily between Nazis and a team of Golden Age DC Super Heroes known as The Justice Society of America. Led by Wonder Woman, the group includes Hourman, Black Canary, Hawkman, Steve Trevor and the Golden Age Flash, Jay Garrick. The Flash quickly volunteers to assist his fellow heroes in tipping the scales of war in their favor, while the team tries to figure out how to send him home. But it will not be easy as complications and emotions run deep in this time-skipping World War II thriller.
The superhero adventure will be available on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack (USA .99 SRP; Canada .98 SRP) and Blu-ray (USA .98 SRP; Canada .99 SRP) as well as on Digital. The 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack features an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc in 4K with HDR, a Blu-ray disc featuring the film in hi-definition, and a digital version of the movie. The Blu-ray features a Blu-ray disc with the film in hi-definition and a digital version of the movie.
Source: Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, Inc.
On April 27, 2021, Justice Society: World War II will be available to own in high definition and standard definition from select digital retailers including Amazon, the Apple TV app, FandangoNOW, PlayStation, Vudu, Xbox and others. On May 11, 2021, it will be made available digitally on Video On Demand services from cable and satellite providers, and on select gaming consoles.
4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack, Blu-ray and Digital
Stana Katic (Castle, Absentia, A Call to Spy) and Matt Bomer (Doom Patrol, White Collar, The Boys in the Band), who made their DC Universe movie debuts as Lois Lane and Superman in the 2013 film Superman: Unbound, return to the popular animated film series in the lead roles of Wonder Woman and The Flash. The star-studded cast includes Geoffrey Arend (Madam Secretary, Batman: Hush) as Charles Halstead/Advisor; Armen Taylor (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind) as Jay Garrick; Elysia Rotaru (Arrow) as Black Canary; Liam McIntyre (The Flash, Spartacus, Justice League Dark: Apokolips War) as Aquaman; Omid Abtahi (American Gods, The Mandalorian) as Hawkman; Matthew Mercer (Critical Role, Overwatch) as Hourman; Keith Ferguson (Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends, Overwatch) as Dr. Fate; Darin De Paul (Overwatch, Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge) as Franklin Delano Roosevelt; Ashleigh LaThrop (The Handmaid’s Tale, Utopia, The Kominsky Method) as Iris West; and Chris Diamantopoulos (Episodes, Silicon Valley, voice of Mickey Mouse) as Steve Trevor.
Digital Distribution Elements:
Justice Society: World War II Special Features include:
- DC Showcase – Kamandi: The Last Boy on Earth! (New Animated Short) – Jack Kirby’s DC comic creation features the last civilized teenage boy on a post-apocalyptic Earth ruled by talking animals. In this short, Kamandi and his friends Prince Tuftan of the Tiger Kingdom and humanoid mutant Ben Boxer are kidnapped by a gorilla cult dedicated to finding the reincarnation of their god, The Mighty One. Golgan, the cult’s leader, puts Kamandi’s team through a series of deadly tests to find if any of them know the secret of … The Mighty One.
- Adventures in Storytelling: Justice Society: World War II (New Featurette) – The film’s creative minds chat about the methods used to produce the touchstone sequences in Justice Society: World War II.
- A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe Movie – An advance look at the next animated film in the popular DC Universe Movies collection, Batman: The Long Halloween, Part One.
- Look Back – Justice League vs. Teen Titans (Featurette) – A behind-the-scenes look at the making of Justice League vs. Teen Titans, a 2016 thriller that follows Damian Wayne’s induction into the Teen Titans. Complicating his training is the growing presence of Raven’s satanic, world-conquering father Trigon, whose escape plan from his inter-dimensional prison includes spreading his demonic forces across the globe, infiltrating the minds and bodies of the Justice League to do his bidding. To save the universe and prevent a literal hell on Earth, the Teen Titans must rescue – or defeat – the Justice League, and intern Trigon for all eternity.
- Look Back – Wonder Woman: Bloodlines (Featurette) – An intriguing glance into the production behind 2019’s Wonder Woman: Bloodlines, which finds Amazon Princess Diana helping a troubled young girl enlisted by a deadly organization known as Villainy, Inc., whose criminal members have their sights set on invading Themyscira. The expansive adventure is packed with brutal battles, mysterious mythology, and endless wonder!
- From the DC Vault: Justice League: “Legends, Part One”
- From the DC Vault: Justice League: “Legends, Part Two”
- Justice Society: World War II will also be available on Movies Anywhere. Using the free Movies Anywhere app and website, consumers can access all their eligible movies by connecting their Movies Anywhere account with their participating digital retailer accounts.
The film is directed by Jeff Wamester (Guardians of the Galaxy TV series) with the screenplay by Meghan Fitzmartin (Supernatural, DC Super Hero Girls) and Jeremy Adams (Supernatural, Batman: Soul Of The Dragon). Producers are Jim Krieg (Batman: Gotham by Gaslight) and Kimberly S. Moreau (Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles). Butch Lukic (Superman: Man of Tomorrow, Constantine: City of Demons) is supervising producer. Sam Register is executive producer.
Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, DC and Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, Justice Society: World War II, the feature-length animated film and next entry in the popular series of the DC Universe Movies, will be released on Digital April 27, 2021. It comes to 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack and Blu-ray on May 11, 2021. The film is rated PG-13 for violence and some bloody images.