- X-MEN ‘97-The animated series from Marvel Studios explores new stories in the iconic 90s timeline of the original series. Written by executive producer Beau DeMayo.
Disney+ unleashed a dizzying array of announcements today to celebrate the streaming service’s two-year anniversary. In the works for 2022/2023, fans can look forward to new Marcel Cinematic Universe (MCU) titles including Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel, and She-Hulk. Not only that, but we’ll soon feast our eyes on the first ever X-Men project released under the Disney banner. 12 titles in all have been announced this Disney+ Day 2021- here’s a quick breakdown – keep scrolling, the new title graphics are voluminous!
- Moon Knight – A new globetrotting action-adventure series featuring a complex vigilante who suffers from dissociative identity disorder. The multiple identities who live inside him find themselves thrust into a deadly war of the gods against the backdrop of modern and ancient Egypt. Moon Knight is directed by Mohamed Diab and is coming to Disney+ in 2022
- She-Hulk – The series follows Jennifer, a lawyer who specializes in superhuman-oriented legal cases. The show will welcome a host of Marvel characters, including the Hulk, played by Mark Ruffalo, and the Abomination, played by Tim Roth. The new comedy series coming to Disney+ in 2022 is written by executive producer Jessica Gao and directed by executive producer Kat Coiro and Anu Valia.
- Ms. Marvel – Kamala is a 16-year-old Pakistani American from Jersey City. An aspiring artist, an avid gamer, and a voracious fan-fiction scribe, she is a huge fan of the Avengers… especially Captain Marvel. Kamala has always struggled to find her place in the world, until she finds herself with superpowers, like those of the heroes she’s always looked up to. Episodes are directed by executive producers Adil El Arbi & Bilall Fallah, Meera Menon, and Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy.
- What If…? Season 2 – The fan-favorite animated series is back again. After enlisting the Guardians of the Multiverse to stop Infinity Ultron, The Watcher returns in Season 2 of What If…? to meet new heroes and explore more strange new worlds in the MCU’s ever-expanding Multiverse. Season 2 is directed by executive producer Bryan Andrews and written by executive producer AC Bradley.
- Echo – The series stars Alaqua Cox as Maya Lopez, a character who will be introduced in Marvel Studios’ Hawkeye.
- Spider-Man: Freshman Year – The animated series follows Peter Parker on his way to becoming Spider-Man in the MCU, with a journey unlike any before. The style of the show celebrates the character’s early comic book roots. Written by executive producer Jeff Trammel.
- I Am Groot – Who doesn’t love Groot?! In a series of animated shorts fans watch Baby Groot’s glory days growing up, and getting into trouble, and being among the stars. Directed by executive producer Kirsten Lepore.
- Ironheart – In the series, Dominique Thorne stars as Riri Williams, a genius inventor who creates the most advanced suit of armor since Iron Man.
- Agatha: House of Harkness – Kathryn Hahn returns to reveal more about the character first introduced in Marvel Studios’ WandaVision. Watch out for Sparky! Jac Schaefer, who served as head writer and executive producer on WandaVision, is back.
- Marvel Zombies – From Marvel Studios, the animated series reimagines the Marvel Universe as a new generation of heroes battle against an ever-spreading zombie scourge. Directed by executive producer Bryan Andrews and written by executive producer Zeb Wells.
- Secret Invasion – Samuel L. Jackson stars as Nick Fury and Ben Mendelsohn as the Skrull Talos. The duo, who originally met in Marvel Studios’ Captain Marvel, are featured in this crossover comic event series showcasing a faction of shapeshifting Skrulls who have been infiltrating Earth for years.
Sam is a part-time English instructor, journalist, and full-time fiction writer, and if he writes one more word, it will be the most he’s ever written.