Netflix has unveiled a new teaser for the upcoming sci-fi animated series My Dad the Bounty Hunter from Everett Downing (Hair Love) and Patrick Harpin (story artist, Gravity Falls, Hotel Transylvania 2).
- My Dad the Bounty Hunter will touch down with ten episodes on Netflix on February 9.
- Back in June, we shared an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the work being done on the series by France’s Dwarf Animation Studio. Today’s trailer is the most detailed look at what we can expect when the series lands next year.
- Speaking in the past, Downing has described the show as a “kind of a love letter to animation, science fiction, and Black families rolled into this crazy, action-packed comedy.” For his part, Harpin cites influences including The Last Starfighter, John Carpenter’s films, and The Fifth Element.
- Synopsis: My Dad the Bounty Hunter is an animated action-comedy series following close-knit siblings Lisa and Sean, who stow away on their dad’s latest work trip, hoping to finally get some quality time together. Little do they know Dad’s been keeping a secret from them — he’s actually the toughest bounty hunter in the galaxy! Launched into the surprise space adventure of a lifetime, Lisa and Sean discover that their seemingly average dad’s job is anything but boring. Dodging dangerous aliens, robots, and laser fights galore, family bonding time becomes much more than they bargained for as they try to help their dad in pursuit of his toughest fugitive yet. With his kids along for the ride, Dad must show up for them when they need it most — and they’d better make it home before Mom finds out!
- Key voice cast members include Laz Alonso, Yvonne Orji, Priah Ferguson, Yvette Nicole Brown, JeCobi Swain, Leslie Uggams, Rob Riggle, Jim Rash, and Jamie Chung.