“Our awards have humorously been called the Oscars for geeks,” remarked Jim Chabin, AIS President. “But these honorees do give us insights into the future of movies. These Lumiere winners pushed the limits of technology and the results have been remarkable storytelling at its very best.”
The complete list of winners:
Debbie Diamond Sarto is news editor at Animation World Network.
Today, The Advanced Imaging Society’s Lumiere Awards awarded 23 statuettes for distinguished creative and technical achievement. This year’s theme, “Behind the Legend,” celebrated the creative teams behind the scenes who are creating legendary stories and characters for audiences.
- Best Feature Film – Live Action: Avatar: The Way of Water (20th Century Studios)
- Best Feature Film – Animated: Guillermo del Toro’s Pinocchio (Netflix)
- Best Documentary: Good Night Oppy (Amazon)
- Best Motion Picture – Musical: Elvis (Warner Bros)
- Best Audio – Theatrical: The Batman (Warner Bros.)
- Best Audio – Episodic: Stranger Things: Season Four (Netflix)
- Best Use of VR: Gorilla Trek (Immotion)
- Best Original Song: Top Gun “Hold My Hand” (Paramount)
- Best Use of High Dynamic Range – Feature Film: Lightyear (Pixar)
- Best Use of High Dynamic Range – Episodic: