“This is an exciting new opportunity,” noted Melissa Boag, Senior VP of Family Entertainment at Shout! Factory. “This agreement will provide Tubi viewers with access to an amazing collection of popular Japanese anime films from Shout! Factory. We’re excited to collaborate with Tubi to bring viewers quality anime content they enjoy.”
Titles coming to Tubi include:
Tubi has more than 30,000 movies and television shows from over 250 content partners, including every major studio. The service gives fans of films and television programs an easy way to discover new content that is available completely free.
Tubi is available on Android and iOS mobile devices, Amazon Echo Show, Google Nest Hub Max, Comcast Xfinity X1, Cox Contour, and on OTT devices such as Amazon Fire TV, Vizio TVs, Sony TVs, Samsung TVs, Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, Android TV, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X | S, and is coming to Hisense TVs globally. Consumers can also watch Tubi content on the web.
- Millennium Actress – The recipient of numerous awards and critical recognition, including the Grand Prize at the Japan Agency of Cultural Affairs Media Arts Festival, Millennium Actress is a must see for anime fans.
- When the legendary Ginei Studios shuts down, filmmaker Genya Tachibana and his assistant are tasked with interviewing its reclusive star, Chiyoko Fujiwara, who had retired from the spotlight 30 years prior. As Chiyoko recounts her career, Genya and his crew are literally pulled into her memories where they witness her chance encounter with a mysterious man on the run from the police. Despite never knowing his name or his face, Chiyoko relentlessly pursues that man in a seamless blend of reality and memory that only Satoshi Kon could deliver.
- Liz and the Blue Bird – Directed by Naoko Yamada comes from the creators of the critically acclaimed A Silent Voice (40th Japan Academy Award, Best Animated Feature Film). The film was nominated for Best Film at the Crunchyroll Awards.
- Mizore Yoroizuka plays the oboe, and Nozomi Kasaki plays the flute in Kita Uji High School’s concert band. Mizore is shy and soft-spoken, while her best friend, Nozomi, is outgoing. The two girls grow closer as they practice for their last duet before graduating, a piece called “Liz And the Blue Bird.” However, the impending separation may be more than their friendship can handle. Interspersed with their story is the fantasy tale of Liz, drawn like a storybook, contrasting with the crisp realism of the school. These two distinct styles weave with stirring music to tell an intimate coming-of-age story.
- Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms – Though only 15, Maquia knows she will live for centuries without aging past adolescence. She belongs to the Iorph, a clan of ageless beings just like her. Her elders warn her not to fall in love with anyone outside their realm. But fate pushes Maquia out into the mortal world one night when an invading territory separates her from the clan. There she discovers an orphaned baby, Arial, and takes him in as her own child. From this point, Maquia will suffer extreme heartbreak in the name of motherhood, as she watches Arial grow and seeks to reconnect with her lost Iorph friends, all torn apart by the cruel world of Mesate.
- Penguin Highway – Budding genius Aoyama is only in the 4th grade, but already lives his life like a scientist. When penguins start appearing in his sleepy suburb, hundreds of miles from the sea, Aoyama vows to solve the mystery. When he discovers that the arrival of the penguins is somehow related to a mysterious young woman from his dentist’s office, they team up for an unforgettable summer adventure! The film was nominated for Best Animated Film at the Japanese Academy Awards.
- The Wonderland – On the day before her birthday, young Akane meets the mysterious alchemist Hippocrates who brings her through a basement and into a fantastical world full of magic and color. Though things seem peaceful on the surface, he reveals this world is in danger and as the destined Goddess of the Green Wind, it is Akane’s responsibility to bring back the rain and save this world from the terror known as Zan Gu. Joining Akane on her journey is Pipo, an alchemist in training, and her adventurous Aunt Chii. The only problem? Akane just wants to go home. The film is directed by Keiichi Hara.
- Sound! Euphonium: The Movie – Welcome to The Kitauji High School Concert Band | Sound! Euphonium: The Movie – May the Melody Reach You | Sound! Euphonium: The Movie – Our Promise: A Brand New Day
- Based on the manga and television series, the Sound! Euphonium movies follow Kumiko, a young girl at Kitauji High School who plays euphonium in her school’s orchestra. Follow the band on their mission to reach Nationals while juggling romance and adolescence.
- Haikara-San: Here Comes Miss Modern Parts 1 & 2 – Adapted from Waki Yamato’s popular manga, Kazuhiro Furuhashi’s Haikara-San is a heartfelt, and sometimes comical, tale of love surviving through the perils of war and separation.
- Donten: Laughing Under the Clouds Gaidenz – It’s been a year since brothers and shrine guardians, Tenka, Soramaru, and Chutaro, have defeated the legendary giant snake that threatened to destroy humanity. However, their lives are thrown into upheaval when they discover a plot to revive the evil serpen
- In This Corner of the World – The Anime feature is based on the award-winning manga by Fumiyo Kouno and brought to life by filmmaker Sunao Katabuchi (Mai Mai Miracle) and producer Taro Maki.
- The award-winning story follows a young lady named Suzu Urano, who in 1944 moves to the small town of Kure in Hiroshima to live with her husband’s family. Her life is thrown into chaos when her town is bombed during World War II. Her perseverance and courage underpin this heart-warming and inspirational tale of the everyday challenges faced by the Japanese in the midst of a violent, war-torn country. This beautiful yet poignant tale shows that even in the face of adversity and loss, people can come together and rebuild their lives.
Fox Entertainments AVOD platform, Tubi has inked a content deal with Shout! Factory to bring a collection of premium anime films to its viewers. As of April 8, new titles coming to the streaming platform include the award-winning In This Corner of the World and Eleven Arts Anime Studio’s Millennium Actress, as well as Liz and the Blue Bird, and Penguin Highway. These popular films will be available free to viewers – with most available in subtitled and dubbed versions – with In This Corner of the World coming to Tubi in 2022.
“We are thrilled to further expand our partnership with Tubi and make our award-winning Japanese Anime available to an even wider audience,” added Julie Dansker, Head of New Content Sales at Shout! Factory.
“Tubi has a significant audience of anime lovers and our latest additions from Shout! Factory will soon give them even more of what they’ve been binging,” commented Tubi CCO Adam Lewinson. “As we continue to super serve our anime viewers, we’re thrilled that these award-winning and fan-favorite titles will now have a new home on our platform.”